Full time, in studio position in Addison, TX.
It is truly an exciting time in our industry and 900lbs is thankful to be prospering. We are hiring our newest position: Art Director
Our agency is quickly becoming one of the most tech-driven interactive agencies in Texas and gaining notoriety on a national level. Culture is key and our action-packed environment harvests continuous opportunities for learning new ways to apply emerging technologies with business objectives. Every week is different, and the adventure never ends.
Minimum 5 years of experience in a previous design + leadership position at a Digital or Experiential Marketing Agency is required.
The Art Director is primarily responsible for designing the vision of our diverse range of innovative projects and managing a team of designers. This person is expected to be a pivotal part in establishing what a project looks like, constantly pushing the visual quality bar higher for 900lbs.
- Creating mood-boards, style frames, sketches, etc to establish the look of a project.
- Creating and managing the high quality user interface design for interactive projects involving VR, AR, MR, interactive touch tables, immersive environments, sensor-based experiences, animation/motion graphics, etc
- Managing a growing team of designers with hands on coaching, fostering a friendly work environment, implementing quality assurance practices, empowering younger peers and leading by example with strong work ethic and quality.
- Working with developers to refine and improve art and development handoff processes
- Client facing when needed with a professional demeanor
- Conceptualizing original content and brainstorming with the team on storyboards, style frames, UI look, UX flow, etc of a project.
- Meet with project managers and creative leads to help balance the workload/bandwidth of our Design department
- Help grow the Design Department with new techniques, processes, styles, software and continuing to push the quality acceptance level
- Senior experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, and XD
- Personal task organization and capable of multi-tasking on the production of multiple projects
- Very strong sense of design and composition within a diverse range of visual design styles
- Experience in successful leadership positions
- Experience in an interactive medium design workflow (websites, apps, games etc)
- Flexible work schedule and willingness to push through the end of project tasks in order to keep quality high
- Willingness to learn new technologies, design for new mediums and open-minded attitude to try new things
- Passion for VR, AR and other emerging interactive technologies
- Wide range of personal styles and design inspiration
- Team player mentality, positive attitude and willingness to work with a team
- Joining the company during a great inflection of growth and new opportunities
- This is a very important role on our team and not just a cog in the wheel
- Variety of projects, clients and ever evolving challenges
- Empathetic team mindset that's built on communication and a work hard, play hard mentality.
900lbs is an exciting, up-tempo place to work, where every day is different, each team member is vital and communication is paramount. As a growing company, we thrive on problem-solving, challenging the industry and over-delivering for our clients. Our culture includes desks made from wood pallets, graffiti-covered walls, open spaces and we take field trips often. With hands-on ownership, a leadership group that's in the trenches and a passionate team that has each others’ back, there's no other place like it in Dallas.
"Be Agile, Be Fearless, Be Innovative" is our motto and we're looking for people who feel the same.